Rediscover your music collection
MonkeyMote gives you a full-fledged wireless music remote control for your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 5.0 or later. It fully supports the popular Winamp, foobar2000, MediaMonkey, JRiver Media Center and AIMP media players.
The app connects to your Windows PC via your WiFi network and allows you to instantly view information about currently playing tracks, control every important playback feature and conveniently browse your complete media library.
All you need to do is download and install the plug-in from this website on your PC and get the appropriate app from the iTunes App Store:
iPhone / iPod Touch
- MonkeyMote Music Remote (supports Winamp / MediaMonkey / JRMC / AIMP)
- MonkeyMote 4 foobar2000 (supports foobar2000)
- MonkeyMote Music Remote Lite (free, supports Winamp / MediaMonkey / JRMC / AIMP)1
- MonkeyMote 4 foobar2000 Lite (free, supports foobar2000)1
- MonkeyMote Music Remote HD (supports Winamp / MediaMonkey / JRMC / AIMP)
- MonkeyMote 4 foobar2000 HD (supports foobar2000)
- Playback control
- Display detailed song information, lyrics and cover art
- View and control the current playlist
- Browse and search your complete media library
- Stream high quality audio from your PC to your device (foobar2000 only, requires in-app purchase)
- Load, create and edit playlists in your media library
- View and set song ratings
- Save multiple connection profiles
- Supports both portrait and landscape display modes
- User-defined shake gesture actions and remote control support
- Automatically reduce volume or pause playback when getting a call
- Small, fast, low resource usage
- Implemented as a plug-in – no server program clogging up your system tray
- Easy to setup and use
In the works
Support for the shiny new Resonic Audio Player is being worked on, stay tuned.
Think the apps are too cheap or wish to support further development of MonkeyMote?